When I was a teenager, I had cystic acne. I’m talking really bad acne, it was horrible. I was so desperate to feel pretty again. I tried and used every makeup line under the sun. As I was learning what worked and what didn’t. I realized that more is not always better and it’s not just about the product but also the technique that makes all the difference. Thankfully, when you’re trying to master your craft, especially when you’re the canvas, I figured out how to cover up my blemishes and unevenness without the caked on look. . By this point in high school, I became completely fascinated with hair and makeup, and as I hope you can see, I have now master my talent. All faces are canvases, and hair is just workable fibers. One of my favorite hobbies, (and yes, I’m calling this a hobby) is people watching, more so women than men. I analyze what it is about a woman that makes them so beautiful, but also unique. I would go back home and recreate the look and perfect it. It came to a point in my life, that I couldn’t count how many friends of mine asked me to make them over.
As a professional hair and makeup artist, I really love what I do, and I’m so blessed to call what I love, my career. Even when I’m not at work, I still find myself analyzing faces so I can be better at my craft for my next client, family and friends. Some people have a passion for fashion, sailing or skydiving. My passion is a fist full of brushes and a kit full of makeup.
Some fun facts about me.
1) I LOVE laughing! It’s so good for the soul!
2) I love spicy foods!
3) I ran a marathon in 2011,and never want to do it again!
4) I am absolutely in love with my salt & pepper mini schnauzer, Shelby!
5) My diet always starts tomorrow 😉
6) I was named after Jane Fonda
7) Hawaii is where my heart is!
8) I love learning photography
9) I recently fell in love with yoga
10) I always come up with killer comebacks in the shower, waaaay after the fact!